Sunday, October 25, 2015

The Great Big Anniversary Trip

I realize it's almost Halloween and as much as I've been trying to keep this blog up I guess Instagram will just have to fill in the gaps. Thank goodness for chat books! 

One day I'll start my blog differently than its been a crazy couple of months! This is not that blog. 

After Girls Camp we had planned an amazing anniversary trip. A massive western road trip filled with all of our favorite people. That's my kind of vacation, seeing family and eating good food. My dear best friend Jordan was coming home from her mission the week before my family's Lake Powell trip so we decided to drive to Utah to be there for her homecoming, swing through St. George to see the Dalys and round it out with the Lake! 

The first day we drove to New Mexico. Our saving grace was the book BOMB on tape. We both love historical books and this one was really fun to listen to. Plus we felt pretty cultured discussing how "we had just read a book about the nuclear arms race." Win-win. 

The second day we drove up to Ogden, my Pizza and Naps girlfriends put on a little BBQ (thanks for hosting Christensens!) for all of us to get together. We got to meet Madi's fiancĂ© Jonah and get caught up. Texas is too far away sometimes. I talk to these girls everyday. Seeing them in person was magical. 



We were missing our Kayla in San Francisco, that's why we were saving a spot. :) 



Wednesday we spent celebrating us just a little bit. We stayed with Uncle Chuck and Aunt Carrie, which is a slice of heaven in itself. We slept in (20hrs in the car is no joke.) we had breakfast at Kneaders and headed to the Mt. Timpanogos temple to do a session. Somehow the timing worked out and we were there the exact same time we had been married. Mt. Timp will always be my temple. We sat on the same couch in the celestial room as we did right before we went to be sealed. When the lady came to get us on our wedding day I squeezed Scott's hand and he asked me if I was ready. We talked about our first year of adventures and talked about what we hoped our second year of adventures will be. When it was time to leave again there was the same hand squeeze and we left hand in hand ready to face what the new year will bring. Oh how I love the peace the temple gives us. 

Here's to year number two with this amazing guy! 


Please come to Texas! We'll keep you in business! 


After the temple we ran a few errands and ate a lot of cafe rio before heading to Ogden to catch up with Corinne and Ben and their boys. We had a lovely evening talking about Disneyland and exchanging tips, and listening to Garrett on his violin. 


We haven't seen these guys since Christmas, it was great to see their new house in Ogden. 


Thursday we met Sister Parkin in the airport!! Oh I love this girl. I met Scott maybe two weeks after she left. It was a little surreal to introduce my husband of a year to her, but oh I am so glad that I got to be there! She was just glowing, she was such an incredible missionary and I'm so glad she's home! Now I can talk to her whenever I want.




After the airport we stopped to help JT move some of his things to Uncle Chuck and Aunt Carrie's. It's always good to see him. Even if he was headed to go skydiving that afternoon. Ninkle Head. 

Then we headed down to St. George to see Mom and Dad Daly. I was so pleased with how this whole trip worked out. It was so nice to have some unrushed time with all the Dalys! Secretly I wish that we all lived in the same culdesac and got to hangout all the time. This weekend felt like that. We went to the temple together, to a work BBQ, to a fantastic production of West Side Story. It was a theater in the round and extremely well done. We were snapping our fingers well after we left. Both Scott and I have a lot of family history in the St. George temple, but this was my first time doing a session there. Gayle and I split from the boys to get dressed and we knew we were cutting it close so we were hustling. The St. George temple has a lot of stairs and it's pretty easy to get lost. Gayle and I made it to the session at the last minute, but after we sat down we were looking around and we couldn't see Fred & Scott! Slightly awkward to have to excuse ourselves, the boys were waiting for us in the chapel, we walked right by them on the way to the session. Totally crazy. Just gave us some more time to sit quietly in the temple which we didn't mind. After the session we toured some of the sealing rooms. I called my Mom after to see which room my parents were married in. Turns out it was the first sealing room Fred & Gayle showed us. It was a sweet connection for me.  My favorite part of the weekend I have to say was learning how to play hand and foot. I guess this is a legendary Daly Family card game and it was the first time they taught me how to play. I wish we had recorded Grandma & Grandpa Daly teasing everyone. I was a little nervous, but Scott and Grandma Delna and I ended up doing pretty good. It felt like that scene in How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days when they're all playing cards. So fun to get to know everyone better. We went to Church on Sunday and everyone came over for Sunday dinner. Gayle made an awesome roast. We showed Grandma & Grandpa our wedding videos and the montage Scott made of our first year of marriage. We had such a fun time with everyone! 

At the St. George Temple

Playing Hand & Foot 

Watching West Side Story





JT came down to St. George to stay the night with us so we could caravan to the Lake the next morning. He was on his mission when we got married so it was fun to introduce him to Fred & Gayle. When he casually asked for the wifi password we all started laughing. Scott has developed a bit of a reputation for complicated passwords. He has a program generate complicated passwords for us so we stay safe. I know where he gets it from. Fred worked at the Navy Shipyard his entire career, and they have a very strict password policy. It's hilarious and very impressive at the same time the crazy passwords he comes up with. I realize this is kinda a silly story, but I love seeing where my cute husband gets some of his little quirks. 

Monday morning we headed to Page to meet my parents to load the houseboat.  Marrying Scott really gave me like a Blazillion functional adult points. I do 2am and 3am really well, but being somewhere ready at 10am is tricky for me. Scott managed to have us to the houseboat early and we already had our stuff loaded before my parents got there. Which launch day is usually stressful so we were winning major points. It was the first houseboat trip that nothing major went wrong. Unprecedented! We got loaded up, launched the boats, parked the boats and had a fantastic time! Scott got up on a wakeboard, my mom brought our wedding cake to eat for our anniversary, we had a lot of naps, a lot of games, swimming, wakeboarding, tubing, eating, and Scott & I even surprised everyone with our new found skill of playing nose flutes. (Thanks for those Gayle!) Dad bought a drone with Uncle James this year. Dad, JT, and Scott had a fantastic time with it. 

Scott made a montage of the Lake! We all fell in love with these drone shots, we spent a good amount of time trying to figure out how to justify investing in one. It was way too fun. Thanks for a great week McGuires! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS