Sunday, April 19, 2015

8.8.14 {part 1}

When I look back on our wedding day, I can't help but think how lucky we are it was everything we wanted. We wanted to be surrounded by the people we love, with the focus on the temple, everyone dressed up and amazing food.

That sentence seems to be a lot less detailed than the amount of work and effort that went into our big day. It is so humbling to me to have been on the receiving end of so many selfless acts of kindness and hard work. I was so worried that I lived this insanely busy lifestyle I wouldn't get to do all the traditional wedding things. Like a bridal shower in my hometown, or have my all my sisters and mother zip me into my wedding dress. Or tell my Dad thank you and I love him before we ran out of the reception. I got all of these things and so much more. My entire family was up working around the clock to make it the most gorgeous party I've ever seen. My bridesmaids were amazing, my in-laws were amazing. I really couldn't have asked for anything more. 

The night before we got married we took our bridal/groomal pictures so we wouldn't be rushed. Scott flew in that morning at 10am. There was significant drama regarding his custom suit between the hours of 10am and 5:02pm, but I promised myself I wouldn't write about it. Big thanks to my dear friends at Nordy's for tailoring Scott's insanely attractive Hugo Boss suit in 5hours.
Scott carried on everything he needed to get married just in case the airline lost his luggage. It worked out that he was flying in 5mins before Cam & Kristin and their kids. So even though my parents and I drove up separate we were all standing in the waiting area together. My parents very kindly hid in baggage claim so I could properly greet Scott. It was so fun to have him come and then have Kristin and Cam come it made it feel like it was DEFINITELY TIME TO START THE PARTY! Which thank goodness because I really couldn't wait any longer. 


 Lisa came over to do my hair and in the midst of the crazy. My sisters zipped me into my dress, touched up my makeup and wrapped me in a bedsheet to put me in the car so nothing would get messed up. There was this quiet moment of sisterhood that I will cherish forever.



Mom drove me and Alyssa to the Temple and I held her hand the entire way. A tradition of ours we've had since I was a little girl. Alyssa coordinated Scott, the videographer, and photographer to stage the first look. Scott had moved to Texas the month before and I had barely had an hour with him. It took a lot to take real pictures and not just kiss a lot (sorry mom).





Bridals/Groomals were absolutely incredible. I was partially worried we were going to look silly because we were completely giddy to be together again. All of our pictures we were laughing or grinning ear to ear. It was such a dream to get to spend that time together.


 I gave Scott a little present at the airport to wear for pictures and the wedding. I got him a Fossil watch from Nordy's. I thought with all the treats I was getting being the bride he needed something a little fancy. He wears it everyday now, it makes me so happy. I bet this is one of those things we'll keep in the family forever. It always puts a smile on my face when I see him wearing it.




First Look



Some more favorites






 I mean. YUM. Oh I'm so glad he's mine forever.





This was another one of those moments that you dream about and are so grateful for. I'm sure my Mom was exhausted from sewing around the clock, and she made time to be there when we took our bridal pictures. I hope that one day I'm as incredible as she is. 

I had 100+ lace covered buttons hand sewn onto my gown so that the buttons would go all the way to the end of the train. It was everything I've ever wanted. 


The pearls I wore were my late Grandma McGuire's. Almost every McGuire bride has worn these. Including my mother and two married sisters. It meant so much to me to be able to have a piece of her with me that day.



Mhmm. Yeah I'll marry you. 





After pictures we went through the Kneaders drive-thru for treats. Which was kinda hilarious, because even in my wedding dress I wanted to check on work. oops. 

but really we needed some serious sugar for the next 24hrs. 







Note the bed sheet on the seat.


More coming in part two. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS