Friday, July 24, 2015

Thanksgiving in Texas !

Scott's parents came to visit us for Thanksgiving this year. We were so excited to have family visit! It was nice that I didn't have as many responsibilities at the store this year and had time to enjoy family and make my first Thanksgiving.

It was definitely all about the food this year. I brined my turkey (first time!) this year. We had a wonderful time watching old family movies together. Aside from our engagement weekend, and the wedding (which I don't think counts much it was so busy!) I hadn't really spent a whole lot of time with my in-laws. Who are absolutely incredible. We had so much together! I love seeing where Scott gets so many of his amazing traits from. I really won the lottery on fantastic in-laws.

We went downtown and saw the sights and Scott got us tickets to the light parade on the riverwalk. It was a perfect weekend. I can't wait for our next visit.

Scott put together this wonderful montage of our Thanksgiving. I'm so grateful he started putting these together.We're working on how we keep our family history and I love how these turn out.

Because if you aren't bathing the turkey in butter in your pajamas you're doing it wrong.


2 comments:

  1. I can still smell and taste the fabulous food. I'm ready to come again and stay in your upgraded accommodations! Keep the updates coming! I'm all over them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the moment of honor when you open the oven to reveal your turkey. And the parade of pies. Also, your trenchcoat. Times and seasons. 😀

    ReplyDelete

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS