Sunday, April 10, 2016


March 31st came, and Scott woke me up to go do the blood test bright and early at 7:15. There's always a little part of me that doesn't want to get out of bed because for all I know I'm still "pregnant." 

On the way over we talked about how I was feeling. I was really calm and body wise I didn't have any symptoms I usually do when it doesn't work. I could hardly breathe. All signs were pointing to yes. The night before Scott gave me a blessing and it was so sweet and good. I think after the blessing I knew it worked but was fighting pretty hard not to get my hopes up. 

After blood, we came home and I had a nap. Scott worked from home and we were hoping we would know before they went to lunch. Scott came in at 11:47 and said he wanted to call. As I was rolling over I realized he had already dialed and this was happening! Sweet Sharon answered the phone and said she would check. Scott had done all the talking because I was holding my breath. 

"Well.. Dr. James hasn't reviewed it yet, but it did come back POSITIVE!!"

At this point I gasp and Scott tackles me. 

Sharon - "Well hello Jessica, glad you're here."

Jess - " I'm here I'm here! I just hold my breath until you say the results."

She said after Dr. James reviewed it they would call with the next steps. 

We hung up, cried, screamed, and held each other really tight while we tried to process our miracle. Finally our turn. 

Both our families knew we were finding out today, and if we had wanted to wait to tell I'm sure they would have respected that. But are you kidding me?? WE'RE HAVING A BABY!!! 

We waited all of five minutes before we started calling everyone. 

We got ahold of Mom Daly first and we hadn't really worked out what we were going to say so I just screamed "WE'RE HAVING A BABY!" 

I called my Mom and she didn't answer it was her big humanitarian aid day for the stake. 

I got ahold of my Dad. Who later told me he kept shooing people out of his office waiting for the call. I told him he was going to be a Grandpopala like from Father of the Bride. He's my George. We had a wonderful conversation and he promised not to tell Mom. 

We called Shannon and Lindsay and Kristin. Everyone was so surprised we got the news so early Kristin thought I was just calling to shoot the breeze and kill time while we waited. I asked Kristin if she would be willing to go surprise Mom at Humanitarian Aid Day so I could talk to her. She had those three kids in the car so fast! Oh we had so much fun. We talked the whole time while she drove across the valley to mom. Kristin had told her she wanted to stop by and see what it was all about anyway so we had a fantastic cover. 

She found my mom monitoring the nursery and I was on speaker being very quiet. Kristin said her phone had an announcement and I yelled "WE'RE HAVING A BABY!! It worked MOM!!!" 

Oh it was so great, we face timed and I got to tell her all the details. It was so sweet of her to drive all that way for me. Mom asked Kristin about that and she said "If you have to take drugs to get pregnant, I got your back." 

We texted Alyssa and JT because they couldn't answer their phones and we didn't want them to be left out. We waited for Corinne to get off work before calling her. Dad Daly was taking care of Grandma & Grandpa Daly so we couldn't find him, so we called over to Grandma & Grandpa's and he had just left. So we got to tell Grandma & Grandpa! We tracked down Dad and our puzzle was complete! 

I told my closest girl friends who had been there for me this whole time, the yw presidency and then my best friend here in Texas Julie. Julie texted me on Monday saying she was so sad she was going to miss Thursday because she and Rick were going to be in Singapore. She told me to send her a message on Facebook, she got up in the middle of the night and just happened to check her phone. Minutes after I sent our happy message! We had the best conversation texting back and forth. 

I'm really grateful the list of people to tell and call was so long. We have had so much support through this, people to mourn with us and finally to celebrate with us. 

We decided we should celebrate and go to the baby section at Target. We were beside ourselves. It's like we finally got permission to be there! We held hands and took our time wandering down the aisles. We bought a teddy bear and the What to Expect When You're Expecting book. BECAUSE WE'RE HAVING A BABY!! 

As we were walking down the aisle Scott leaned over to me and told me this was the best day of his life. I couldn't agree more. 

Scott moved the rocking chair into the nursery and we finally remembered to take a picture. 

The next day I went to go buy a new water bottle and I got so NAUSEOUS on the way home driving. So I texted my mom and sisters. My mom called it a little "Hi, Mama!" Turns out I was hungry. Because THATS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU'RE PREGNANT. I'm pretty excited. I got sick last night again. I took Corinne's advice and we stocked up on saltines and Gatorade today. 

Initial bloodwork 
HcG - 56
Progesterone - 31.4

Today's follow up bloodwork 

HcG - 116
Progesterone - 40.6  

6 days later bloodwork 
HcG - 981
Progesterone - was good too but I don't remember the exact number. 
They wanted to see the HcG double which we did! So we're in the big leagues now. Talking to the Dr. Today they want to send me for more bloodwork in a week and then the week after that after I'm a few days past six weeks we'll do an ultrasound and see how many babies are coming our way. But there's AT LEAST ONE! 

We've started calling baby Poppyseed after Kristin drew this print for us. 

We love our little poppyseed, what a complete miracle we're living. God is so good. 

1 comment:

  1. So happy for you . . . and pray that the Lord will continue to bless you on your journey to Motherhood :)